With some quick organizing, enthusiastic musicians, and good colleagues, the unlikely is not impossible! The early music concert that almost happened a year and a half ago has been re-imagined and resurrected, and it’s taking place this Friday, January 9, in Berkeley, CA..
I almost didn’t bring up the idea with Eugene, but I did on a whim because I remembered how excited we were about the music and the chance to perform together. Ask and you shall receive — what a way to start the year!
Chabot Chamber Society presents a Baroque Concert for the New Year:
The two cantata’s, Bach’s Weichet nur, betrübte Schatten (Wedding Cantata, BWV 202) and Montéclair’s Le Dépit Généreux, were pieces I’d originally learned in 2013, and I’m so pleased to be singing them in less than a week.
IN THE WORKS @ September 2, 2013 I’ve been cast for my first NYC shows: Oberto (Alcina scenes, Handel) with New York Lyric Opera September 28, 11:00 AM at Symphony Space contact me for tickets! 1st Lay Sister, 2nd Alms Sister, and Novice (Suor … Continue reading
IN THE WORKS @ July 3, 2013
Updating my audition package!
- “Chacun le sait” from La fille du régiment
- “Vedrai carino” from Don Giovanni
- “Tornami a vagheggiar” from Alcina (Handel)
- “Du gai soleil” from Werther (Massenet)
Early Music concert in Berkeley, CA, with Eugene Petrushansky and friends, August 2013
- Le Dépit généreux (Michel Pignolet de Montéclair)
- Weichet nur, betrübte Schatten, BWV 202 (J. S. Bach)
- “Languia di bocca lusinghiera”, from cantate HWV 123 (Handel)
- “Endless pleasure” from Semele (Handel)
- “Chi t’intende?” from Berenice (Handel)
- Flow my tears (Dowland)
For fun, when I have free time:
- “Solitudini amiche, aure amorose … Zeffiretti lusinghieri” from Idomeneo (Mozart)
- Breit’ über mein Haupt dein schwarzes Haar (R. Strauss)
- “Che sento? Oh Dio!…Se pietà” from Giulio Cesare